Thursday, May 3, 2012

my husband is the best.

Today I was crazy in the biggest sense of the word. I was sick to my stomach, nervous beyond belief, and extra self-conscious. It was like being on my period but forty thousand times worse because it wasn't explainable.

There was literally no reason to be stressed out.

So I started making up reasons; making it all the more horrible.

Anyway, I'm frantic and near-tears all day and at the end of my shift my sweet, sweet work-husband told me:

"Wifey, when we get home I'm going to put all the kids to bed and I'm going to make you a candlelit dinner. And we, we're going to have a night to ourselves."

And even though it was a complete joke, and we're not even dating, it was all I needed to hear.

My panicked little heart calmed down. (Okay, I maybe almost lost it and started crying happy tears.) My breathing returned to normal and all was well.

Sometimes we just need a fake, at-work husband to remind us that life isn't as awful as our minds would have us believe.

No comments: