Sunday, April 22, 2012

reasons i think you should see the lucky one.

[I rarely sit through a movie and upon sight of the credits, immediately want to watch it again. With The Lucky One I did.
And if you are even remotely attracted to Zac Efron... well, lets just say that in this movie he could turn a straight guy gay.]

1. Taylor Schilling is so so so relatable. Her facial expressions held so much emotion. Numerous times I could tell exactly what she was thinking. I feel like this is so rare now in Hollywood.

2. The little boy is the perfect amount of adorable and innocent. Usually child actors just have a cute face, but he was actually talented. You could see the conflict and hurt in his eyes in some scenes and the contrast of pure happiness in other scenes.

3. Nana! Holy bananas, she made me want to be old. I already struggle with wanting to be 80, and she sealed the deal. One of those well-written characters that are equally hilarious and wise. So many funny moments occurred thanks to her.

4. Only a little bit of crying; unlike other Nicolas Sparks' book-to-movie films where you leave the theater in hysterics. There were only a couple tender moments, so if you don't cry easily then you'll be dry-faced the entire time.

5. The special hugging. I feel like I shouldn't say anymore...

6. Zac Efron with puppies.

7. Zac Efron shirtless.

8. Zac Efron playing the piano.

9. Zac Efron with puppies.

10. Zac Efron dancing.

11. Zac Efron with puppies.

12. Zac Efron playing with a child.

13. Zac Efron with puppies!


I will say though, that the military Zac wasn't so good... His acting was a bit rocky there, but it's such a small part of the movie.

1 comment:

Laurel Rasmussen said...

hahahah love this post. Just Zac Efron alone will get me there!