Monday, January 7, 2013

piles and piles of love.

snow is my favorite thing.

and today, the heavens opened and slowly dumped inches of beauty from the sky.

it isn't even the kind that melts in twelve hours.

it is beautiful, ideal-for-snowmen perfection.

it fell slowly, but steadily.

visibility wasn't far, but the roads were clear enough.

and all of these just seemed like a metaphor to me.

i keep thinking that this winter is an outline for romance.

i got the feeling today that i won't be single for much longer.

someone must have poisoned my water to make me fathom such a grandiose idea, but it was there. and it has stuck.

this "omen" of sorts, telling me that good things are coming. that they'll be gradual, but that it will be layed on thick. and it will stay.

there is no guarantee of forever, and i certainly wont know what is coming next. but i'll see just far enough ahead to feel safe and happy and excited.

the snow of 2013, has me full of butterflies.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love this...and I have had the EXACT same feeling these past few weeks! Let's hope for the best...for BOTH of us!! :)

Laurel Rasmussen said...

umm i love this.